PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST PROCEDURES
The following are proper procedures for requesting records from the Berlin Brothersvalley School District under Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law, 65 P.S. §§ 66.1-66.9. Berlin Brothersvalley School District’s Public Records Policy (Board Policy Number #801) can be viewed on the school district website: BBSD Policy Manual.
1. The BBSD Public Records Request Form can be downloaded from this website. The state Office of Open Records form may also be used.
2. The request should identify or describe the records sought with sufficient specificity to enable the School District to ascertain which records are being requested; the request shall also include a name and address to which the School District should address its response. The School District will not accept oral or anonymous requests for records.
3. All requests for records shall be addressed as follows:
Berlin Brothersvalley School District
Open Records Officer – Karen Cotter
1025 Main Street
Berlin PA 15530
4. All requests shall be in writing and shall be sent to the School District by mail, facsimile to (814) 267-6060, email or delivered in person during the School District’s regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays and official office closings.
5. If a written request for records is granted, the following fees will be charged:
|Photocopies||$0.25 per copy|
|Certification of a Record||$1.00 per record (does not include notarization fees)|
|Specialized Documents||Actual Cost|
|Facsimile/Microfiche/Other Media||Actual Cost|
|Conversion to Paper||If a record is only maintained electronically or in other non-paper media, duplication fees shall be limited to the lesser of the fee for duplication on paper or the fee for duplication in the original media unless the requester specifically requests for the record to be duplicated in the more expensive medium.|
|Postage Fees||Fees for Postage may not exceed the actual cost of mailing.|
A photocopy is either a single-sided copy or one side of a double-sided copy of a standard 8.5” x 11” page. The School District may require a requester to prepay an estimate of the fees listed, if the fees required to fulfill the request are expected to exceed $100. All costs can be paid by cash or checks made payable to Berlin Brothersvalley School District.
Appeals: Appeals may be made directly to the Office of Open Records at the following website: http://openrecords.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt