Submitted by Mrs. Christine Fabyanic,
High School Reading Competition Team Coach
Spring 2022 High School Reading Competition Team - Thursday, April 7, 2022 at Forest Hills School District
We are looking forward to forming a NEW High School Reading Competition Team! If you are in 9th, 10, 11th, or 12th grade and you like to read, you are eligible to join! Grab a friend that also likes to read, and talk to Mrs. Fabyanic!
Team Member Requirements & Information:
1. Each team member reads books from the Reading Competition Reading List, re-read/review those books closer to the competition date, and review the printed quizzes/summaries! (Most of these books are available on line as read alouds/YouTube recordings!)
2. I will touch base with our team to review who read what and plan to cover all our bases in January/February/March.
3. We will then meet prior to the competition to practice and to determine "Captain" for each round.
Our Berlin HS Reading Competition Team members continue to represent BBSD well and enjoy meeting students from other area school districts participating in this event! Despite the competition with questions being asked about the 30 books on the reading list, the students rise to the challenge and have a great time!
Are you ready to have a good time reading? YES?! Then join our ranks for the Fall Reading Competition!
Here is what you need to do:
1. Sign up in the Learning Hub (HS Library).
In the back room in the HS Library:
2. Take the book listing.
3. Choose book(s) to read, sign your name by it on charts up on back of shelf across from the back room door, and then sign it out from
(The ideal is to have at least 2 people reading each book, so that one person doesn't have to remember EVERYTHING!)
*READ, remember what you read, and ENJOY!
(I am not requiring you to take notes or write questions, but if those kinds of things help you to remember, don't hesitate!)
*You can touch base with Mrs. Fabyanic (@ 8:05 - 8:20 a.m.) in her room any morning.
(E014 - Elementary Building, 3rd/4th grade hallway, pass the gym and elevator, down the steps, and I am the third room on the left
I would love to see YOU on our fantastic BBHS Reading Competition Team!
Cycle 1 Interscholastic Reading Book List - Spring (Year 2021 - 22)
Spring - HIGH SCHOOL
Love's Abiding Joy
A Man Named Dave: A Story of Triumph and Forgiveness
A Night to Remember
Nighttime is My Time
Clark, Mary Higgins
Of Mice and Men
Paint by Magic
Pay It Forward
Hyde, Catherine Ryan
Pretend You Don't See Her
Clark, Mary Higgins
Sachiko: A Nagasaki Bomb Survivor's Story
Salt to the Sea: A Novel
Rosnay, Tatiana de
Seer of Shadows
Streams to the River, River to the Sea
Three Back Swans
To Kill a Mockingbird
Titanic: Voices from the Disaster
A Walk to Remember
We Will Not Be Silent: The White Rose Student ResistanceMovement That Defied Adolf Hitler